Façade repair works to 251 St Georges Terrace.
Jones Lang LaSalle engaged Duratec Australia to complete façade repair works to 251 St Georges Terrace, a commercial building consisting of 8 upper levels of office accommodation, 2 levels of basement car parking and a ground floor retail unit.
The various concrete and render repairs and wall coatings were completed in order to secure the current condition of the building and avoid additional breakdown and degradation.
The scope of works included:
- Removal of architectural steelwork.
- Grinding out of 120 steel support brackets.
- Breakout of loose render.
- Repair of render.
- Application of a prime coat of solvent based sealer.
- Application of 2 coats of an elastomeric weatherproofing finish.
- Challenging access restriction was overcome with a specially modified swing stage.
- Safe removal of architectural steel was completed with a winch and pulley system.
- Shift changes allowed the works to be completed on time while maintaining a fully operational building.
- Concrete Repair
- Facade Refurbishments