Duratec’s Pilbara East Specialist Access Division was
engaged to perform a rope access inspection and touch up coatings to the fenders at the southern end of Pilbara Port Authority’s Utah Wharf at their Port Hedland operations.
The project included:
- Non-destructive testing and reporting of damage to fenders, i.e. missing/loose panels, excessively deep gouges, chain and buffer condition.
- A low pressure fresh water wash to remove contamination and complete testing and re-whip steel prior to coating.
- Application of a high solids two component modified epoxy ideal for protecting and maintaining steel structures in the most severe environments. Particularly suited to maintenance situations, this coating is designed to give long term abrasion and corrosion protection and will continue to cure when immersed in water.
- Rope access was ideally suited to the task due to the ability to easily access and egress the site during shipping movements.
- Works were completed in round the clock shifts under shutdown conditions.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- Non Destructive Testing & Structural Health Monitoring