The Town of Victoria Park’s Aqualife Centre has several indoor and one outdoor pool, a gym and fitness class areas.
The existing surface around the indoor pools was a rubber compound, which was difficult to clean and was coming to the end of its usable life.
Duratec was engaged to replace the existing rubber surface around the pools with a decorative non-slip flooring system as well as remodelling the changing rooms.
The scope included:
- Removal of all existing flooring and adhesive.
- Repairs and re-levelling to the substrate to ensure drainage falls were correct.
- Application of Flowcrete Deckshield DPM flooring system with a decorative finish.
- Full strip out and remodelling of four change rooms including new tiles, plumbing and cubicles.
- Removal and replacement of new tiles around indoor pool areas.
- Duratec worked closely with the Town of Victoria Park to provide a product that was fit for purpose whilst also being aesthetically pleasing.
- The works were completed on time within a set closure period whilst undertaking an enlarged scope of works, which included joint sealing to the pool.
- Flooring Systems
- High Performance Coatings