Duratec was contracted to totally refurbish six gold processing leach tanks at Granny Smith Gold Mine.
The tanks were abrasive blasted internally to enable a full inspection. All damaged steelwork to the baffles and downcomers was subsequently repaired or replaced. The tanks were then water washed, abrasive blasted to an AS1627.4 clas 2.5 and a high build elastomeric urethane was applied.
- Duratec managed all boilermaker works, tank access (scaffold/EWP) and abrasive blasting and coatings.
- Over 18,000 litres of elastomeric urethane was spray applied throughout the works.
- A 90 micron profile minimum was achieved on the steel prior to application of the lining system.
- The elastomeric urethane was applied to replace the existing glass flake epoxy system. Urethanes provide excellent protection against wear and chemical attack. They also cure rapidly providing fast turnaround.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services