Duratec was engaged by Bundaberg Regional Council to reline five large circular culverts and two arched culverts as part of the Council’s rehabilitation program.
- Duratec selected an innovative new coating system for the project – a high-performance cementitious mortar which is centrifugally cast in place.
- Designed for the trenchless renewal of underground pipes without disturbing the pipe, the coating system involves no digging or disruption of traffic and is ideal for large volume applications.
- The system comprises a spinning head, which centrifugally applies the fibre reinforced coating to the existing substrate of the culvert.
- The scope also included conventional shotcrete spraying of the arched culverts with steel reinforcing.
- An innovative new coating system that was centrifugally cast in place was utilised.
- Duratec successfully completed this project on time and within budget.
- Duratec has significantly prolonged the life span of the culverts, protecting them from corrosion and delamination and increasing structural integrity.
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services
- High Performance Coatings