Capalaba Park Shopping Centre was built in 1981 and is
located in Redland Shire, 22km south-east of the Brisbane CBD.
Duratec was engaged by Retail First to remediate expansion joints and conduct concrete repairs to the centre car park.
The scope of works included:
- Removal of jointing material to existing expansion joints.
- Cleaning of slab edges and top surface.
- Saw cut to correct width where necessary.
- Repair of damaged slab edges.
- Build out of one side of the joint using epoxy screed to obtain correct width.
- Installation of 130 lineal meters expansion joint system.
- Installation of 68 lineal meters of control joints.
- The spalling concrete of the car park exit wall was also repaired using concrete breakout and mortar repair.
- The shopping centre remained open at all times.
- Parking bays were blocked off to a minimum and re-opened at peak times to minimise the impact of the works.
- The installation of the new expansion joint system has completely stopped the water ingress into the car parks below.
- Joint Sealing