Cleaning of the century old stone and brickwork, structural strengthening, installation of new guttering and repairs and repainting of the existing surface and clock face.
Originally erected in 1923 to commemorate the fallen of World War One, this Perth memorial now pays tribute to soldiers who fell in World War Two, Borneo, Korea, Malaya and Vietnam. In recent years, the structure has suffered due to exposure to the elements and now requires remediation.
The scope included:
- Careful repair and cleaning to facade limestone Like for like repainting of exterior
- Rejointing of granite stonework
- Interior structural strengthening
- New copper guttering system
- The clock structure was made watertight to ensure no further water ingress and increase its lifespan.
- Duratec was proud to ensure that this wonderful piece of history was sympathetically restored in time for the 2015 ANZAC Day services.
- Concrete Repair
- Preservation of Heritage Structures
- Facade Refurbishments