Duratec was engaged by Evolution Mining to refurbish a
large CIL Tank at their Cowal Gold operations, 350km west of Sydney.
During a routine maintenance inspection Evolution discovered that sections of the CIL tank’s internal lining had delaminated from the substrate and wrapped themselves around the
tank’s agitator shaft. The tank was then taken off-line for refurbishment.
Duratec’s scope of works included:
- Removal of existing coating.
- Inspection and assessment of existing steelwork.
- Application of protective coating to tank internals.
- QAQC compliance and recording.
- Duratec utilised an experienced project crew to successfully deliver the works within the nominated time frame, in order to get the tank back online without further delays for the client.
- Large tank – 17.5m diameter x 18m high.
- 2,000 microns was applied to the walls and floor, 3,000 microns was applied to the high wear areas.
- Full holiday and DFT testing took place conducted by Duratec’s NACE qualified inspector.
- The works were successfully completed within the nominated time frame, incident and injury free.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings