As part of fire remediation and building works for the Department of Defence, Duratec performed a variety of fire safety upgrades at the Bindoon Training Area.
A fire safety audit was performed for the Department of Defence at their Bindoon facility and as a result of that audit Duratec was engaged to action all non-compliant items.
The scope of works included:
- Installation of smoke and thermal detectors and the checking of those already in place.
- Installation of new fire extinguishers.
- Installation of new fire hose reels.
- Installation of safety signage such as evacuation plans and the locations of fire extinguishers.
- Refitting of doors and change out of door hardware to allow free egress.
- The works were coordinated around Defence exercises and training requirements.
- Multiple trades were co-ordinated including electricians, plumbers and internal labour.
- The replacement and installation of existing and new assets were performed in conjunction with the Defence Estate Data Tool.
- Wet & Dry Fire Systems
- Building Fit Out