HMAS Stirling, also known as Fleet Base West is the Royal Australian Navy’s (RAN) base located on Garden Island, approximately 35 kilometres south of Perth.
It provides operational and logistical support to the RAN surface fleet, submarines and aircraft stationed in WA.
Duratec was engaged to complete concrete repairs to the HMAS Stirling maritime structures listed below:
- Armaments Wharf – deck soffit bay 10 concrete remediation.
- Diamantina Pier, Oxley and Parkes Wharves – concrete repair, silane treatment application and crack injection for concrete defects in service ducts and tunnels.
- Diamantina Pier – waterproofing of the reinforced concrete deck top surface.
- Miscellaneous repairs to service tunnels such as expansion joint injection with a chemical-based water stop were also performed.
- The Armaments Wharf repair provided the Department of Defence with timescales and work scope specifications for further works on the structure.
- A comprehensive survey was carried out in all the concrete service tunnels to identify and qualify all defects.
- Alternative products were proposed and utilised for both the injection and deck sealing to provide a better outcome and less disruption to the client.
- Concrete Repair
- Joint Sealing