Augility has engaged Duratec to upgrade switchboards with residual current devices (RCDs) across multiple Defence sites across Western Australia.
The scope of the works includes:
- Design and fabrication of custom switchboards.
- Installation of switchboards and upgrading existing MCB, MCCB and RCBOs.
Update of circuit schedules.
- Verification of circuits to identify all existing three phase and single phase power outlets and provide RCD protection for all unprotected outlets.
- Labelling on switchboards, final sub circuits and socket outlets.
- Testing and commissioning.
- An RCD is an electrical wiring device designed to disconnect a circuit whenever an unbalanced electrical current is detected between the active conductor and the neutral (return) conductor.
- Duratec also recently completed electrical upgrade works at the Training Ship (TS) Vancouver building in Albany and is currently upgrading electrical infrastructure on Garden Island in New South Wales, one of two primary Navy repair and refit locations in Australia.
- Electrical Upgrades