Southern Ports Authority engaged Duratec to undertake a protective coating trial and corrosion monitoring on the Berth 1 steel sheet pile wall at their Esperance Port operations in south-west WA.
The scope included:
- Surface preparation to a localised 3m x 2m area of sheet pile by ultra-high pressure water washing.
- Application of a two component epoxy and polymer modified cementitious filling paste (skim coat) to all creviced and pitted steelwork greater than 0.5mm deep and to all clutches within the selected area of sheet pile wall.
- Supply and installation of 3 electrical resistance corrosion sensors and 2 connecting cables.
- Application of a two component epoxy and polymer modified cementitious intermediate coat, followed by a top coat.
- Inspection and testing works.
- Innovative vacuum blasting technique removing the requirement to set up physical encapsulation, whilst still maintaining a high degree of dust capture.
- Secondary protective water boom bund installed to ensure adherence to Southern Port regulations and protection to the marine environment.
- Elevated barge working platform to shelter work crew from transitional tidal movements.
- Successful completion of the pile wall trial coatings works safely, and without incident.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Pile Cleaning & Protection