Gold Fields Australia engaged Duratec to complete the
blasting and painting works of the thickener tank internal steel surface during a scheduled 10 day plant shutdown.
The thickener tank is approximately 40m in diameter and the works included the removal of the existing tank coating, abrasive blasting of the steel surface to achieve a surface profile of class 2.5, repair of steel defects within the thickener as required and the application of a robust protective coating of polyurethane at specified DFT to tank internals.
- Duratec completed 1400m2 of coating removal, surface preparation and coating application within the 10 day shutdown period.
- Existing coatings were removed using a combination of abrasive blasting and ultra high pressure water blasting.
- Three specialist plural component application pumps were utilised to complete the works within the tight deadlines, with a forth pump available on standby.
- Duratec managed all works including confined space access, ultra high pressure water blasting and vac-truck waste removal.
- Works were completed on time and incident free.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services