HMAS Creswell is located on the south-western shores of Jervis Bay in the Jervis Bay Territory, 180 kilometres south of Sydney.
As part of a large national park and in recognition of its historical significance, Creswell was placed on the Australian Heritage Commission’s National Estate register in 1981.
Creswell consists of the Royal Australian Naval College and four other departments. Duratec has been engaged to investigate, design and facilitate maintenance and improvements to ensure the longevity and compliance of the the existing navy cadet building for Training Ship Jervis Bay.
The upgraded facility will be used by up to 40 students and staff and will house a mix of teaching spaces, offices and amenities. The works include:
- Demolition of existing store.
- Removal of any hazardous material.
- Design finalisation in accordance with heritage requirements.
- Service upgrades (fire, electrical, hydraulics etc.).
- Roof and internal carpentry works.
- Floor replacement and repair.
- Civil and concrete works.
- Paint removal and replacement.
- Demolition and removal of any hazardous material.
- Services upgrade.
- Heritage building design and refurbishment.
- Asbestos & Lead Paint Removal
- Preservation of Heritage Structures