HMAS Creswell is located on the south-western shores of Jervis Bay in the Jervis Bay Territory, 180 kilometres south of Sydney.
As part of a large national park and in recognition of its historical significance, Creswell was placed on the Australian Heritage Commission’s National Estate register in 1981. Creswell consists of the Royal Australian Naval College and four other departments.
Duratec has been engaged to complete the following scope of works including the design and construct of structural and service (fuel and hydraulic) improvements for the HMAS Creswell Wharf, to provide compliance to modern Defence and Australian standards.
The works packages were refined to prioritise the works based upon based on a hierarchy of importance which included structural integrity, environmental considerations and adherence to Defence guidelines:
- Structural remediation of the wharf consisting of concrete and steel pile remediation.
- Bilge tank removal.
- Upgrades to services including fuel, hydraulics and electrical removal and replacement.
- Wharf structural repairs.
- Underground storage tank removal.
- Fuel and hydraulic upgrade.
- Concrete Repair
- Pile Cleaning & Protection
- Electrical Upgrades