HMAS Stirling is the primary operational support base for the Royal Australian Navy capability on the west coast of Australia.
The HMAS Stirling Redevelopment Stage 3A Project aims to upgrade and refurbish existing key infrastructure and facilities to meet the requirements of current and projected operational and support capabilities. Duratec has been engaged to perform fender support element works for the MA3 portion of the project as below:
- Blast and re-coat existing piles and fender backing boards.
- Replace timber planks with rubber fender profile on dolphin.
- Replace fender chains at dolphin.
- Blast and re-coat mooring bollards and steel piles.
- Replace sacrificial anodes.
- Replace all fender-to-wharf chains and timber facing pads.
- Remove and replace fender backing boards and piles.
- Replace all timber strake with UHMWPE strake.
- Blast and re-coat steel pier end edge fender supports.
- Blast, repair and re-coat all steel piles.
- Inspect and replace timber rubbing strip.
- Replenish missing pile waterproof cap.
- Inspect and replace damaged sway chains.
Oxley & Parkes Wharves:
- Remove and replace all fender piles and backing boards.
- Blast and re-coat mooring bollards.
- Replace steel cope point lids and trays.
- Blast and re-coat wharf and dolphin access way.
- The works aim to extend the service life of the maritime structures to 2055.
- Challenging programme over nearly 2.5 years, accommodating shipping and other base activities.
- Defence project with unique requirements for base access, reporting and estate data tool.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- Pile Cleaning & Protection
- Fender Repairs & Upgrades