Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne.
Founded in 1958, it is the second oldest university in Victoria and enrols approximately 47,000 undergraduate and 20,000 graduate students.
Duratec was engaged by Monash University to perform facade repairs to building F on Caulfield Campus.
The facade and in particular the concrete elements had developed a range of defects over time.
The scope of works included repairs to the concrete elements and roof at protruding columns, including preparation and re-coating of the facades.
- The works were managed by Duratec as head contractor.
- Swing stage was used to access to the north façade and public protection gantry.
- Repairs and painting to the south, east and west façades were performed by rope access.
- Duratec liaised with both VIC Roads and the local council.
- Meetings were held with faculty heads to schedule works and minimise the impact on the day to day operations of a very busy university.
- Facade Refurbishments
- Concrete Repair