The Port of Mackay is Queensland’s fourth largest multicommodity port by throughput, Mackay is one of the major servicing centres for the Central Queensland mining and agricultural industries.
The port operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and extends over 800 hectares of land and water under the direct control of North Queensland Bulk Ports.
Duratec was engaged by NQBP to undertake various repairs to Wharf 3 and 5.
The scope includes:
- Repairs to deteriorated existing pile wrapping system using Denso Seashield Series 80 system.
- Application of silane protective coating on wharf deck, soffit and concrete fender panels.
- Concrete repair with installation of sacrificial anodes.
- Remedial works were carried out to suit the port’s shipping schedule and tidal changes.
- A comprehensive survey was carried out at the commencement of project to quantify repairs.
- Concrete Repair
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- Structural Strengthening