Norton Goldfields engaged Duratec Australia to complete dry spray gunite (shotcrete) concrete repair works to SAG mill plinths, located at their gold mine near Kalgoorlie.
Given both the scale and location of these repairs, particularly proximity to pipework and services, spray application of repair mortar was deemed favourable over conventional form and pour methodology.
The scope included:
- A detailed survey to mark out all areas requiring repair.
- Break out of all spalled and/or delaminating concrete using jackhammers.
- Abrasive blast of all exposed steel using garnet to class 2.5 finish.
- Treatment of reinforcing bars with a zinc rich primer.
- Installation of galvanic anodes.
- Application of gunite using a shotcrete hopper.
- Application of a curing membrane.
- 50m2 of SAG mill plinth concrete surface area repaired without the need for plant shutdown.
- Repair depths of up to 150mm.
- Multiple pipes and surface run services left in positions while plinths were intricately repaired around them.
- Concrete Repair
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings