As part of sewage pond refurbishment works for the Department of Defence, Duratec will install a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) liner at the RAAF Pearce sewage ponds to prevent the leaching of contaminants into the ground water.
The scope of works includes:
- Dewatering of ponds.
- Clearing of pond base, embankments and surrounds to good ground.
- Compaction of subgrade.
- Replacement of leaking concrete asbestos pipes.
- Trenching for liner installation.
- Installation of HDPE liner.
- Backfilling of trenches.
- Installation of limestone access track.
- Recommissioning of ponds.
- Environmentally positive project with a direct impact on ground water quality.
- Sewage ponds to remain operational for the entirety of the project.
- Specialist Civil Services