Duratec was engaged by John Holland to complete truss coatings at their Karratha LIA blast and paint facility.
All weld margins were abrasive blasted to a AS1627.4 class 21/2 before applying 2-3 coats of Interzone 954 to 500 microns minimum dry film thickness.
Duratec maintained a high standard of quality control and inspection throughout the process. The trusses underwent inspection by Duratec’s NACE 3 inspector with the final system passing both client and 3rd party site inspection.
- The works were completed within a reduced time frame by deploying Duratec experienced applicators from different locations throughout Western Australia.
- Air-fed cooled breathing respirators were supplied to all Duratec personnel to assist with avoiding heat stress and eliminate inhalation of coating fumes and overspray.
- Interzone 954 is a high performance maintenance epoxy perfectly suited to structural steel in aggressive marine environments.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Coating Inspection & Specifications