BGC engaged the services of Duratec to install a polyurea lining to an aviation fuel storage bund for the Shell depot at the Karratha Airport.
The earthen bund was prepared for the polyurea by laying down a geotextile fabric to the earth floor. The lining termination points on the bund concrete walls and plinths were prepared by abrasive blasting followed by priming with an epoxy.
2000 microns of a polyurea was applied on the geotextile and 100mm up the bund walls and plinths. The total area of the bund was 400m2.
- Duratec’s NACE 3 inspector ensured the coatings were installed to specification.
- The polyurea is a rapid set (2-4secs), flexible, chemical resistant membrane that is applied by specialised plural component equipment.
- The project was completed with no safety or environmental incidents.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Coating Inspection & Specifications