HMAS Stirling is the Royal Australian Navy’s primary base on the west coast and is located on Garden Island, 5km off the WA coast.
Duratec was engaged to remediate the concrete surfaces of
five pump stations at various locations on the base. The scope of works included:
- Confined space entry.
- Technical condition surveys.
- Existing coating removal.
- Remediation of concrete.
- Surface preparation.
- Installation of plural component instant-set polyurea coating.
- Work was carried out in between mechanical works over a six month period.
- Due to the unknown condition of the structures, Duratec undertook a technical condition survey and identified repairs were then carried out under the schedule of rates.
- Duratec maintained a flexible remediation program to
accommodate additional redevelopment works on the base.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- Concrete Repair
- Confined Space